Do you need a Town Council? Yes. If you want to be REALLY successful and you think you might have a hard time learning to run the office a Town Council is really helpful. Here is my Town Council list and job descriptions. This is my actual FORUM POST:
1) Keep the mayor in check and keep him/her apprised of issues
2) Learn about our economy and how to improve it
3) Receive a title and responsibilities that will enhance your RK experience
4) Get educated about the inner working of RK life
5) Get involved and make a difference
6) Vote on important issues and share your opinionsYou are all welcome to become Town Council. It's not too much work. You are assigned a position and then you just fulfill the duties of that title. You'll just be helping me out and it might even be fun. ^ ^
Please post your experience and let me know what position you are most interested in. Thank you.Positions:
* Runs the market and finances. Dabbles in every position and runs the council.
* Finalizes everything that is done, and puts the final decisions of the council into action.
* Creates votes for TC to vote on.
2. Deputy Mayor:
* Helps mayor answer questions in forums and in game (can act in forum matters in absence of the mayor).
* Assists mayor with trades and/or other business.
* Keeps mayor apprised of all political situations and/or hostile possibilities.
* Can create polls/votes in TC forum. Can request things to be split, or locked.
* Makes sure promised activities are completed by the Mayor or him/herself.
* Reports the details of the town council's decisions and updates to the public of Whithorn. Nothing will be held secret from the citizens and that will be made clear through the Spokesperson.
4. Secretary of Council:
*Updates profession lists, works with mayor on statistics.
* Creates the polls in TC forum, keeps things organized with reports in TC forum. Can request things to be split, or locked.
* Makes sure promised activities are completed by each member, including the Mayor.
5. Minister of Morale:
* Makes sure the citizens of Whithorn are happy, and entertained. Gets involved in games, and gets the citizens active within the forums and taverns. Also endorses the forum whenever possible.
* Makes sure citizens are reading the Town Hall message, as many of their questions can be answered by it.
* Makes sure citizens that are of a low level and strength are fishing. Endorse and advertise the fishing map for Whithorn, located here:
http://fishing.melyadon.info/?village=whithorn6. Minister of Trade/ Trade Manager:
* Works directly with the mayor. Helps to compile lists of import/export needs of the town. You may travel or be required to find a traveler to deliver grants.
7. Minister of Economics:
* Watches the food (including stat food) and the needs of the citizens. Speaks with Bakers, Millers, and other professionals to get the market moving with a constant supply of the goods we need on a daily basis.
8. Minister of Law/ Market Manager:
* Makes sure law and town decrees are being enforced. Sends warnings to those violating laws. Acts as Public Prosecutor of Whithorn, and has the right to prosecute offenders by name of the town. (Must be rare and serious occasions as the prosecution takes up State points).
9. Minister of Key Resources:
* Makes sure the fishing market is moving, and makes sure citizens that are of a low level and strength are fishing. 5-15 fish should be on the market at all times as we are a fishing town.
* Also helps to import wood or other "key" items in times of need.
* Often works with the Trade Manager.
10. Minister of Public Funds:
* Manages the Loan Offices of the Town. Works with the mayor and other council members on what kind of loan types we should offer.
* Creates loan votes in the TC forum. Gives a full report and keep the Mayor on task regarding loans.
11. Chief Mentor:
* Uses and/or edit our awesome Chief Mentor letter and follows up with all newbies on it. Consults with mayor about welcoming and training newbies.
* Contacts new and week-old players to help them progress.
12. Mentor Apprentice:
*Assist chief mentor in contacting new players. Works under Chief Mentor to accomplish common goals.
13. Public Committee Members:
* The Public Committee makes sure to check the status of the citizens, and answer questions they may have.
* They help the TC cope with current events and/or give advice and information to the mayor and council.