How to Farm Wheat
By Xenina Ramsay
• Ask the Mayor of your town if there’s a need for wheat growers to avoid overproduction.
• Wheat is not a basic food. It’s purchased by a miller to make flour. It is also purchased by your Mayor to be sold to the County to breed animals.
• You need a wheat bag in your property inventory to sow your field.Farming Wheat
The cycle for growing wheat takes 10 days.
1) On the first day it is necessary to plough (work related to strength). 2) On the second day one needs to sow (work related to intelligence).
- Important: Don’t forget to place a wheat bag in your property to sow.
3) The wheat grows normally from the third day till the ninth day. 4) On the tenth day it is necessary to harvest (work related to strength).
The yields are related to the strength and the intelligence of the workers. (Points (P): Strength Points (SP) + Intelligence Points (IP) during the three operations on the field)
- Note: Second fields have a penalty of 25% compared to the yield of first fields.
First field: 0 Points >>>> 8 wheat bags Second field: 0 Points >>> 6 wheat bags
First field: 20 Points >>>> 8 wheat bags Second field: 20 Points >>> 6 wheat bags
First field: 40 Points >>>> 9 wheat bags Second field: 60 Points >>> 7 wheat bags
First field: 60 Points >>>> 10 wheat bags Second field: 60 Points >>> 7 wheat bags
• Conclusion: For your best value, it is best to hire 0 stat workers if you have a second field using wheat, as your minimum is 6 and your maximum is 7.
• All fields start with a quality of 50%.
• After the ploughing, you can raise the quality to 55% maximum, if the one who worked has at least 20 strength points.
• After the sowing, you can raise the quality to 60% maximum, if the one who worked has at least 20 intelligence points.
• After the harvest, you can raise the quality to 65% maximum, if the one who worked has at least 20 strength points.
• To end with a quality of 65%, you have to find 60 characteristics points, max. 40 SP and max. 20 IP
• The quality of the field is limited to 65%.
Price & Hiring
• Price: although free to choose, the price of wheat must respect a certain degree of honesty so consumer and producer can benefit both.
• Hiring: It is advised that producers who don’t have the right amount of strength and/or intelligence points, hire a more skilled worker on a first field. Moreover the employer will receive a reputation point every time he hires someone.
It is advised if you hire someone to work on your field (ploughing, sowing and harvest), that you ask for someone with 0, 10 or 20 points.
• Profits: Every 10 days you get, knowing that you need a wheat bag for the sowing, from 7 X 13 = 91 pounds to 9 X 13 = 117 pounds (or 65 pounds and 78 pounds for a second field)